MOTIVATION

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure." -  Colin Powell It tak...

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Week One was Fun


First Day is in the books! Woohoo! I am really excited for the year ahead - what a great group of kids! This week is shortened because of Labor Day, so please be aware of that as you schedule your assignments!

Here are my three deep thoughts for the day.

1. Overall, I could not be more pleased that all the kids seem comfortable with each other and are eagerly engaging with the material. No crickets chirping with this group. My hunch is that I'll be spending more time coaching the kids to learn when to speak/express oneself and when to hold back and leave room for others to share. I will strive to hold them to a high standard in this area, and hope they learn how to truly love their neighbor through the conversations we have in class. I am confident that they are capable and willing to rise to the challenge!

2. There were quite a few handouts today, and not a great way to store them all. I will be providing pee chee folders for the students next week for them to store loose papers. All of the handouts and resources I referenced will be posted with the weekly subject strand, so don't worry if some got lost on the way home!

3. I am thinking of implementing a SIMPLE reward system in class. Stay tuned!

Now, listen up! Here is how to access a review of what we did each week!

I will make it a priority to update the blog on Community Day so that you can check it bright and early Tuesday morning. What if I forget? Not to fear, you can determine most of your next action items by turning to your guide, of course! However because this is a new endeavor for all of us, I'm happy to spend a little extra time laying things out for you in the beginning. Parents and students will really need to work together in these early weeks to get a consistent, workable routine going.

Weekly Blog Check-In
  • By Tuesday morning the basic overview for the week should be at the top of the blog. So today's post is titled 'Week One was Fun' and is obviously reviewing week 1. 
  • I will also provide pertinent info for each strand that we covered in class that week, including links to documents and websites discussed.
  • Click on the label 'Week 1' (from the right side bar) to access all the posts reviewing week 1.
I think this is pretty self explanatory, but please let me know if you have any questions!






No comments:

Post a Comment